1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Et tu, pizza?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

An hour ago I bought two Totino's combination pizzas and a box of their pizza rolls just to have something in the fridge on days when I come back from a trip and having nothing to eat.

I got back and logged on and thought the thread title here curious. I am glad, because it should say GENERAL MILLS RECALLS JENO'S AND TOTINO'S PIZZA PRODUCTS THAT MIGHT HAVE E. COLI.

At any rate, I appreciate the thread, because I just returned the items. I also gave the girl at the store a print-out of the AP story and suggested she call her manager or at least take the rest of the Totino's items out of the freezer. She didn't seem all that thrilled with me, but maybe I saved someone from getting violently ill.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I have only one question:

Why would anyone eat any of that shit to begin with?

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

spnited: It's cheap and easy to make. Some of us can't afford the Digiorno's :D

Looked in the freezer, it appears three of the four I have are safe. Phew!

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm still alive with no intestinal damage -- or so it appears.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Totino's four-meat is like the world's biggest, cheesiest, meatiest, sauciest cracker.. and it's a friggin' dollar!

I love those things.

By the way, I'm fat. Not Mangino fat, but hefty nonetheless. Not blaming the pizzas, mind you. Just clarifying.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

It's a wonder the world hasn't offed itself. Christ, we've had more e.coli scares lately ... just give me an injection of e.coli/staph infection/super bug, then I'll go take a motorcycle out and run it up to 100 mph without a helmet or contact lenses.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

DiGiorno's, Tony's, Tombstone, etc. = $5-$7
    Pizza from a takeout place = $10-$15
    Totino's = $1
    Need I say more?

And this is the last fucking thing I needed. I hate pepperoni, but buy three or four of the Totino's cheese pizzas when I go grocery shopping. Last time I went, I had to scavenge through four different freezer cases to come up with four cheese pizzas. It was like a treasure hunt. Now there won't be any cheese pizzas the next time I go... :mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted