1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Titletown ... really!?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I should clarify -- can't blame a small towns like Valdosta that cherish rare moments like this on ESPN (and having ESPN Classic re-run D-II championship game wins against Pitt State and Northwest Missouri State last week). Good for them.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

1989! 1989! 1989!

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Chris Drury just got massive wood, and has no idea why.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

At 4 in the afternoon!

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No they won't... I'm Caucasian...

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

It's just a stupid thing ESPN did to fill some time. I didn't watch any of it, but if it made Valdosta happy, then good for them.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Well, I mean, in ESPN's defense, what else can they put on SportsCenter in the summer?

It's not like there are any professional teams playing or any professional golf/bowling tournaments.

::)

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

There are lots of American Legion games, too.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Any "contest" that pits Valdosta, Ga., against New York City is a stupid idea that's impossible to wrap your head around, anyway.

It's like comparing apples and Jupiter.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Valdosta has the internets? Who knew?

When I think of Valdosta I think of um, uh, isn't that where Hal Mumme started his cheating ways?

If it was scientific, it would go to Los Angeles between UCLA, USC, the Lakers, the Dodgers and the Raiders.

I'm sure next year's pseudo-playoffs will be for the best fans with points given for depth of support, suffering, and color. With Buffalo and Cleveland in a dead heat.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

These special series deals that ESPN does effin suck. Why not something good like the hot Latin women of ESPN depotes.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Which is apples and which is Jupiter?

Draft saved Draft deleted