1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Britt McHenry is Not Nice....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Apr 16, 2015.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'll jump all day. You wanna' rant and rave and call it a racket? Fine. I lost my shit at a messenger service once because the lady behind the protective glass wasn't paying attention to what I was telling her. But calling out a woman for her teeth and telling her to lose weight? Low blow bullshit from a shrew.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I don't know... Not defending her, but I hate the idea that she could lose her job for that. Maybe she's always like that and if that's the case, then maybe that's what she deserves, but it could be a case where she's tired, pissed off the cashier is being a bitch to her as well.

But, when you play the "I'm in TV" card, I guess you're asking for the person she berates to send it off to TBL.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

The cashier was such a bitch that she warned her that she was being videotaped. Ohh, what a wretch.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

Would we all be staring at our feet saying, "aww gee, ya know, these impound lots suck and stuff..." if this video was of Berman or Olbermann and not the hot, young set of legs? Don't ponder that one too much.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN fired her, but I think suspending her for 2 weeks or so would be fine.

6. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

From the aforementioned Quaz that Jeff Pearlman did with her. The answer suddenly seems much more revealing:

• If roses smelled like shit, and shit smelled like roses, would we love the smell of shit or roses?:
    Roses. We’re a culture that loves visual stimulation, even if what’s beneath the surface stinks.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I probably would because I'm totally biased against those shitheels that steal people's cars and then charge them to get them back. Not coincidentally, the company that towed my car is currently being investigated by the state for illegally towing vehicles.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I refuse to judge her until I see the other woman.... besides, the tape could have been edited to extract comments the attendant made to piss her off. I just doubt someone starts in with comments like that unless they've really been provoked, and that's beyond just towing their car.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Should have called the police from your legal spot and say that your car was stolen. Get the cop out there and make a report on where your car was legally parked. Then, when the tower says that it was in an illegal spot, tell him you called the police, and you will have a report on where the car was located, and that you will press charges unless he immediately releases your car for free.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

There was no way to prove where my car was parked. Me standing in an empty spot doesn't mean jack in small claims court. It was my word vs. the tow company's.

FWIW, the tow company was recently dropped from the rotation of tow companies used by the state pending the outcome of the investigation into their predatory towing practice. They'll probably be out of business before the end of the year.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

That video actually makes me feel sorry for a towing company employee. That's like trying to feel bad for Darth Vader cause he had mommy issues.

12. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

I imagine this is similar to what happens when Chris Berman approaches the continental breakfast bar at 10:34

Draft saved Draft deleted