1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Bad Night

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 23, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Could they not hear each other?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Kinda makes you wonder if ESPN was breaking in a new director last night. It was like the truck had no control over what was happening on the set.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And like I complained on the draft thread, couldn't ESPN had not shown the players in the green room with the phones to the teams?

By the time Goodell would make the announcment, everyone knew, and there was no suspense.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Glad I missed it. NFL Network only here.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The NFL Network was guilty of that at times too.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

There was one time ESPN went to a shot of the desk and the talking heads were discussing some team or player - not realizing they were on camera. Then Berman furiously was giving the "cut" sign because he realized they were on the air when they weren't supposed to be. Of course, so he was being shown as well, along with his actions. Then suddenly he stopped and started rambling about something. And boy did he ramble ... I'm told NFLN is available on NFL.com during the draft. Definitely will check that out at work tonight, especially if Berman is out there again for ESPN.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Maybe some more bad Berman out-takes, where he says 'Jesus' 56 times, will surface after this.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Kiper hits .250 on his predictions - in a really good year. You'd do better flipping a coin. How'd he do last night? 7 for 32?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm just waiting for Kiper and McShay to fight to the death. On one of the pregame shows they were shouting at each other over Clausen and this was before he wasn't picked.

Also, leave it to ESPN to ruin a good Jay-Z song.

I thought Gruden did a great job. I like Kiper and I think the correspondents who were spread across the country did a good job, but Berman was awful as usual. I actually thought Keyshawn was pretty good. He ripped Tebow a couple times which was refreshing.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Of course, a coin has two sides, and there are rather more players than that in the draft pool.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yes, and the draft experts have only had a year to study up.

For each team that drafts after the #1 and #2 slots, choose two remaining players ranked likely to go in the first round and flip a coin. You'll be as accurate as Kiper. More accurate than McShay.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3179_Kiper_the_klown:_our_annual_mock-draft_scorecard!.html

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Did Gruden let a "dumb ass" slip or was I hearing things?

Draft saved Draft deleted