1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN..... too much time on their hands?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mark2010, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Seth Meyers has to be the worst "celeb" to ever host the ESPYs.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Well, on Thursday and Friday it has the British Open -- 11 straight hours of live coverage.

3. writingump

writingump Member

Yes, Steinbrenner was one of the sport's most dominant figures the last 35 years. But did ESPN really have to heap hour after hour of coverage on top of us? Just another example of how you might as well call it YES North during baseball season.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just wait til the NFL and NBA are both on lockouts in 2011. Wall-to-wall lockout coverage!

5. Are you kidding? It happened in NY?
    ESPN and Fox beat us over the head with Yankee-Red Sox shit... Can you honestly be suprised at the level of play The Boss got?

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I played college dodgeball and I gaurantee you people would watch those things on television. 20 on 20 with 20 rubber playground balls in the center. It is an absolute clusterfuck. It would be great for ratings.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for the ESPN 30-on-30 marathon coverage of the McCourt's divorce trial.

Oh shit, I hope I didn't just give John Walsh and Skipper an idea.

As for the ESPYs, it serves one primary purpose: A nice stroke for all of ESPN's advertising people to bring their clients to LA for a few days of circle jerking.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Who is Seth Meyers? I know, I know, "A quick Google search would reveal.........."

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No more calls, please ... WE HAVE A WINNER! Because when they're not about the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Dodgers, Cowboys or LeBron, ESPN is all about ESPN.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

ESPN's philosophy is retro to the 1920s, the concept that sports is hottest when a few stars or teams are built into legend status

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Or you could not turn the TV on.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why does anyone watch ESPN for anything other than live games?

Draft saved Draft deleted