1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN stupidity, part 3891

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rockbottom, May 22, 2009.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Just caught the 5 pm ET ESPN Radio Sportscenter update, where Amy Lawrence tells me the Orlando Magic are just three wins from being somewhere they've never been before -- the NBA Finals.

I thought to myself, I wonder what Shaq, Penny Hardaway and Co. think about that?

RB

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Nick Anderson must have bribed her.

3. This is a sad day for Brian Hill.

4. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

[​IMG]

"They already made it, fool!"

5. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

That's awesome G_L.

6. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Accuracy can really get in the way of a good radio hook.

7. NBAonNBC

NBAonNBC Member

Heard the same thing and got a laugh out of it. Sad.

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I caught that too, then spent the next half-hour trying to figure out if that part of my youth was real or imagined.
    Thank god it was real and I hadn't cooked my brain too much.

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Amy Lawrence is the single worst national talent I have ever heard in sports radio. She had been fired in Providence and then started doing fill in work for Bristol because ESPN Radio GM Bruce Gilbert wanted to add a woman presence (and stated so, this is not speculation on my part). How she continues to serve as their "innings eater" despite a total lack of ability is one of the true mysteries of the radio biz.

10. beanpole

beanpole Member

The only thing makes me flip off ESPN radio faster than an Amy Lawrence Sportscenter update is when she guest hosts a segment. Truly god-awful.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Is this chick hot at all? I've always wondered that.

12. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Rufino sums it up nicely. Lawrence is amazingly bad. If they want a woman on the air --- and that is fine --- there must be many, many women around the country who would be far, far better.

Draft saved Draft deleted