1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN shoulda cast Larry David instead...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Sep 19, 2006.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...of Oliver Platt as The Boss....

ESPN has begun production on an original miniseries called The Bronx is Burning, with John Turturro as Yankees manager Billy Martin, Oliver Platt as George Steinbrenner, and Daniel Sunjata as Reggie Jackson. The 8-hour miniseries produced by ESPN Original Productions is set in 1977, and is based on the book by Jonathan Mahler.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Considering the Worldwide Leader's attention to detail and demand for accuracy I'm sure they'll have Billy Martin coaching Reggie Jackson and Derek Jeter...

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hey, Turturro needs the work. Look at Nicky, onetime of NYPD Blue, reduced to Celebrity Fit Club...

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yes! Another piece of fodder to add to the ESPN movie cannon.

And Mizzou, they won't cast Derek Jeter, but they will give Oscar Gamble a big role, just so they can gratitiously cast someone with a big afro.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm glad I just read the book in case, just in case, this sucks.

Edit: As I mentioned on the book thread, the book is excellent, although I have a hard time seeing how it will translate to ESPN. They'll probably just omit all the other NYC summer of 77 stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted