1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN reports Joe Pa signed a three year extension.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Never. Lot 80 used to be colder than the arctic tundra.

I always loved walking that campus. Still do...went for a long, nostalgic stroll the day before the Michigan State game last month with temperatures probably in the teens. My wife hated me.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Why Joe? I know there's not much to do in State College, but why subject yourself to this crap for a few more years.
    On another note, he has won something like 40 games over the last six years. He must be doing something right.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Cause he still likes it?

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

He'll probably die on the sidelines.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Lot 80 is The Tundra, of course.

Haven't been back since '97, and even then I was stunned by all the changes -- the parking garage by the bookstore, the Thomas Building where the lax field used to be, etc. I can't even imagine what the place looks like now.

I bet the Willard Preacher is still there, though. ;)

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing he and Bowden are both scared that if they retire, they'll be dead within the year like Bryant.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

You REALLY need to take a trip..
    Thanks to ESPN losing Big Ten syndication rights, I've not been there since last December.
    May, if the weather is good, make a day trip with my family soon.

Oh, there's this...

http://www.thewillardpreacher.com/

:D

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Lot 83 is the new law school. Not quite finished yet, at least it didn't look finished in October. It looks totally out of place now, like a spaceship hangar in farmland, but once they develop that side of Park Avenue, it'll fit in more.

And pseudo, Gary still was there as of a couple years ago. Last couple trips have not been weekday excursions, so I'm not sure if that's still the case.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

I do like the new Creamery, too.

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I have no problem hopping on a plane to go see my dog-ass Bills lose, but for some reason, never seem to have the time to make the two-hour drive down there. I even thought about taking a little side trip when I covered a game in Curwensville this season, but that didn't happen, either. Ah well ...

Good to see some things never change, though. Nice find on that Web site.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My grandmother was in great physical condition at 80. She was out every day during the summer, pulling weeds in her garden, cutting her own grass. Two years before she woke up one day and said, "I think I wanna' go on a cruise," and booked a 10-dayer to Alaska...then told us.

At 81 she was losing weight and having a hard time keeping food down. SHe was diagnosed with mesothelioma, the thinking being that she contracted it from washing my grandfather's clothes from working in the steel mill.

She didn't live to see 82. So yes, shit can happen.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

One night three years ago made me think twice about taking the trip in the winter months.

Iowa-PSU hoops, noon Saturday start at the BJC. Snow had begun during the game, but we still stopped at an Italian restaurant up Atherton about three blocks after the game before leaving for Harrisburg.

By the time we got out, traffic did not budge going up the mountain on 322. We had to turn around and make it out via 80 East.

It took two-and-a-half hours to go from Bellefonte to Milton. Black ice. At least eight jack-knifed vehicles along the road. And if you went over 20 mph, you spun out. Scariest drive of my life.

Draft saved Draft deleted