1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN reports Joe Pa signed a three year extension.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 16, 2008.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

You beat me to it. From a physical standpoint, every 82-year-old is day to day. (But, in a way, I guess we all are.)

2. Notepad

Notepad Member

What if this were a professor. Seriously.
    What is they, one, let a professor teach until 82 and then, two, gave him a three-year extension.
    There would be outcry.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If 100,000 people showed up for his PSY 201 section, I think they might let him stay.

4. Notepad

Notepad Member

Is it really "his" PSY 201 class if he watches from a seat in the classroom, letting someone else lecture?

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If his name is on course description, it is.

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Sounds like my freshman English course there -- met with the prof once every other week, saw the TA the rest of the time -- so why not?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Did you take the 500-people course in the Forum?

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

That's the one, and my TA's first language was not English. Great fun. But hey, I can tell people I took a class with Sam Gash ... even though I never actually met him until years later.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Ah, the Forum. At least you used to be able to stop by the Creamery on the way out of class.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

On the way to the HUB, on the way to Baby's, back to my apartment...sleep.

11. Forum class until late three days a week both semesters as a freshman. That meant I was relatively close to West Halls, which meant the best cafeteria food on campus...then the long, cold walk back to East Halls. Glory days.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You didn't take the loop?

Ah, the West dining halls...the only ones remotely close to the Collegian.

Draft saved Draft deleted