1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Regional Sites... What's next?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Gator_Hawks, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Gator_Hawks

Gator_Hawks Member

Chicago, Boston and Dallas are live...

Seems like NY and LA are next...

What comes next? Philadelphia? DC?

I know not everyone likes these sites and has made suggestions for ESPN Podunk etc...

Just curious if anyone's actually heard something about where they go next / when?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Tuscaloosa

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yes, ESPN podunk is next. It's gonna be huge. Little league baseball coverage, high school girls swimming. You think Stuart gets excited now, wait till he's doing highlights of 10-year-old Legion league baseball.

Boo yah!

4. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

I don't know if they go at New York or not, considering the coverage there is still pretty solid by the Times, Post, etc. LA has to be a target, and I think Miami would be smart considering the mess that the South Florida papers have become. Maybe Atlanta for the same reason with the AJC declining. Will definitely be interesting to see where this goes.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

You'd think Detroit would have the sports passion. Unless the economy's so bad no one can afford broadband.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I've been reading a lot of ESPNChicago preps stuff in the past few weeks, and I'm a big fan. Considering I don't really give a lick about most of the area's high school scene, I'd say that's a big deal in my book.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm sure New York, Detroit, Miami are all in the works. They seem like logical next steps.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

NICE!

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I believe somewhere along the line Pittsburgh was on deck.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

NYC and LA were announced about three months ago, maybe longer. They're both coming in early 2010.

11. PatrickCarney

PatrickCarney New Member

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Phoenix? Four sports, two major colleges.

Draft saved Draft deleted