1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN: Plaxico Burress wounded in nightclub shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Nov 29, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Amazingly independent!

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How about a picture of Page 6?

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

Criminal possession of a weapon in New York City is punishable by 3 1/2 to 15 years in prison. Burress has an expired concealed-weapon permit from Florida, which is where he lives in the offseason. But New York does not recognize Florida permits.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Plexiglass is appearing in court today.

Will it be in a wheelchair?

Hilarious.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Gun was not registered in New Jersey, where the idiot lives, or New York. Florida permit is expired.
    All that I've read this morning says up to five years for carrying an unregistered weapon.

Plax is in deep shit and will never play for the Giants again.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Plax walked into the Precinct house this morning, not even limping.
    Apparently he was just grazed.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Maybe they shot him full of painkillers so he wouldn't look like it did as much damage. Hoping it would lighten it somehow. :)

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

NY Post story/video of Plax turning himself in

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12012008/news/regionalnews/plax_turns_himself_in_141718.htm

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That asshole didn't even get hit.

I would have NEVER let it out I had shot myself if it was of such minor impact that I could walk without a limp a few days later.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12012008/sports/moresports/time_to_blame_schools_for_recruiting_bad_141627.htm

Mushnick dumps the blame on Michithug State University.

One of the fine young sociopaths brought in by Nick Saban, including psychotic Dimitrius Underwood, murderer Boo Boo Thompson, and dozens of garden-variety criminals, drug dealers and sexual predators.

Well, at least in exchange for recruiting all those tools, he built a consistent and enduringly powerful program, with season after season of impressive bowl performances.

:D :D :D

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

I guess that link is to a different Mushnick column.
    I didn't see any mention of any Michigan State players other than Plax. I never saw Saban's name mentioned.
    The column you linked dumped the blame on "colleges" that recruit bad people.
    Obviously, your hatred of all things Saban and Michigan State has affected your reading comprehension.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Reminds me of Keith Coogan in "Adventures in Babysitting" after getting a knife through the shoe and receiving one stitch for his trouble.

"Chris is gonna think I'm a total failure!"

And yeah, let's see a picture of Page 6. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted