1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN piece on the death of Jason Rabedeaux

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 13, 2015.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Given the subject matter, shouldn't it be "sumbitches?"

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

sum's of bitches?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Was reading an article about Joseph Mitchell recently. I realize he is considered talented and influential, but all he did was write about New York.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember a couple of years ago, Thompson had a great story on Vince Lombardi's Green Bay home. Talked to the current homeowners, and Lombardi's daughter, who talked about how he was a hero,to everyone, but to her, he was still her daddy.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And there's nothing wrong with that. I have no idea why some people would think that's a negative comment on the writer.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Either is acceptable.

Well, I think a sumbitch is an individual, while sons of bitches would be referring to a group.

I love swearing so much.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm fairly confident people are confusing Thompson's once prodigal Twitter output that provably and demonstrably had a "southern focus" with his published works which were fairly even spread across sports and the planet.

I also miss him on Twitter. He was a great follow.

8. After reading this thread I have a sudden craving for sweet tea and humidity.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No one said it was a negative comment. They said it was was not factual.

But, hey, you're right, he always writes about the South, except when he files from Argentina, Brazil, China, Iraq, India, Ghana, Bosnia, Italy, Haiti, Uruguay, Scotland, Germany, or other various parts of the US.

One tick pony.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Until he hits Sheboygan or Modesto it's just all chalk.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The best part of Devil believing what he says isn't that he's saying it even after DD previously debunked it. The best part is that it's Boom who put the thought into his head.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Inception is real.

Draft saved Draft deleted