1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN pay cuts?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Azrael, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

What?

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

This is my tip for a money saving way to get an extra telephone line. You can get a telephone number through Skype for $3 a month that you can connect through a wi-fi system. So if your cell phone crashes or you lose a cell phone you still have regular telephone service. Skype also offers really cheap international service. So if you decide to visit Rome you just log on to Wi-Fi system and call home.

Tighthead and PaperClip529 like this.
  4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

the Big City Greens Classic hockey simulcast

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The Blackhawks did an alternate cartoon cast for one of their games toward the end of the season. Seeing Bedard score a cartoon goal was amusing.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think it's just a matter of time before a CNN/MSNBC use AI voices and video -- clearly labeled, mind you -- to recap events in big trials that don't have TV coverage. Just the other night I ran across Rachel MAddow reading lengthy transcript exerpts and I was thinking I know of 3-4 different AI apps that could be used to show Stormy getting questioned by the defense attorney.

7. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

MLB will have games on there by August.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Can Scott Van Pelt ask a question that doesn't last 30 seconds and is not just an attempt to prove how smart he thinks he is?

maumann and Liut like this.
  10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Isn't it a hard and fast rule that all ESPN on-air staff ask convoluted questions.

maumann and Liut like this.
  11. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Ed Werder out at ESPN Dallas. The second time I believe.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is no diss on Werder, who is a pro's pro. But he's 64 - worked at ESPN for 26 years and his contract was expiring. I get the move. Particularly with the Cowboys reaching a turning point as well. I guess I'm surprised he didn't announce he's retiring or going to be teaching at a local college or something.

Draft saved Draft deleted