1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Outside The Lines: Pat Tillman's death

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 16, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Agreed. The first thing I thought when I heard about the shooting was "how in the hell could that happen?" Thanks to the animation, you can see the circumstances that led to the tragedy.

As for getting the guys to talk, it looks as though most of them are out of the army, at least that's what I think. A couple of them were wounded in that firefight.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

anyone know when to see the show next for those of us who missed it? ??? ??? ???

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

sports center is on right now.. it should air soon

4. How'd ESPN handle the ensuing cover-up and the six months of lies about what really happened? (Serious question -- I missed the show and I can't get the damn link to work.)

5. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

All this for a SECOND STRINGER???

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They blamed it on George Bush. You would be proud.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's one thing to try and explain it. It's another thing to see it. Very well done on ESPN's part there, not to mention all the interviews from the guys who were there. Sad story that pisses me off to no end when it comes up.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I caught it today before having to come into work. That was some damn fine work by the Worldwide Leader. OTL is about the only show (along with PTI) that I can watch on ESPN anymore.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought the same thing initially, but I watched OTL after SportsCenter last night and I found the graphics far more helpful on the second viewing. I thought it did a good job in helping to explain how the situation spiraled out of control.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Reminds me that "Jacked Off" will be showing soon on Monday Night Prime Time

Draft saved Draft deleted