1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN is ridiculous.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Kroog City, Jul 7, 2007.

1. IU90

IU90 Member

Agreed, I was serious about that, I used to love watching those Aussie games, even though I was probably in the half that didn't fully understand what was going on. You know a sport's good if you like to watch it even when you don't get the rules.

ESPN used to show stuff like that and NFL Films during the times when they now show this idiotic reality show type bullshit. Of course that was long before the Boo Yah guys took over.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I heard y'all bitching about this last week, then I accidentally caught some of it. I couldn't get over that Michael Wilbon was participating in that idiotic shit. Course, you take the big-ass paycheck and you got to suffer through dumb-ass shows with DJ Stewey...that's the trade.

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

What does it profit a man to sell his soul? Boo-yah...

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

to me it is appropriate that they have a clown like DJ Stuey Scott hosting it and a jackass like Keyshawn Johnson particpating in it.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Again . . . MCing Stump the Schwab is the ideal WWL marriage of assignment and (I use the word advisedly . . . ) "talent".

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can understand doing it for fun... I just can't understand why they would treat this like it's the biggest deal in sports right now...

7. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Bring back Aussie Footy! How are the Hawthorn Hawks doing these days, anyway?

8. occasionally

occasionally Member

Classic. Someone, anyone ... please put Odd Couple reruns back on TV!

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I loved watching Aussie footie on Saturday mornings before Little League games.

From Wikipedia:
    A Google says Setanta is an Irish sports network; I've never heard of it.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Who's NOW?

http://www.now.org/

Question answered. End of show.

By the way, my grammar teachers -- most of whom were lovely ladies -- would have responded to "Who's Now?" by saying, "English, please?"

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Fuck Hawthorn and that Barney Rubble lookalike Leigh Matthews. Go ESSENDON!!!!!

BTW, Wicked, Setanta is available as a PPV sports channel on DirecTV. They show all kinds of stuff, from EPL games to Rugby to now the AFL.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I was saddened when the AFL judges did away with the white suits. Took away a touch of class.

Draft saved Draft deleted