1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN: High ethics 1, Deplorable dreck 0!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Joe Williams, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Usually, when ESPN and "deplorable dreck" are in the same sentence, it's something about its employees...

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She knows where to find you, eh?

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Why are all these videos from 2000?

4. Mizzougrad96

I've heard there is a disgruntled former employee who is releasing these... From what I've heard, the best ones are yet to come, and most involve Berman...

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What he said. But a good look at the real person. Amazing these potty-mouth boobs don't slip up on live air. But high up on the entertainment value scale.

6. Mizzougrad96

Apparently, there is one of these out there where Berman talks about smuggling Canadian codeine into the US...

That's the face of ESPN for you...

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Chris Berman, drug smuggler. Nice.

And the disdain he shows for Jets fans.... real classy.

source: sports by brooks

At some point, the volume of these videos is going to have to make a rumble in Bristol.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Could Ethel's "Blue Hawaii" retirement moment, finally be at hand? . . .

9. Mizzougrad96

I've been telling people for years what a complete douchebag the guy is... I had heard the stories from friends who had interned there and I thought, "Well, maybe he's just a dick to interns..."

I met him a handful of times several years ago and while he wasn't a dick to me (since I was there with someone fairly high up) he was a raging asshole to those around him...

At the Super Bowl several years back, a few of us were interviewing a legendary coach and Berman steps in. The coach says a polite "Hi, how are you?" to Berman, which apparently he thought meant, "Ask me about my golf game" and he spends the next 10 minutes talking about some shot he made a few days ago...

He walks off and the coach turns to us, shakes his head and said, "What an asshole..."

There aren't many out there who he hasn't pissed off and I'm glad the guy supplying these videos is one of them...

Karma baby...

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Berman will think nothing of interrupting an interview/conversation between a bunch of writers and a bigwig. This happens all the time, and nobody calls his fat ass on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted