1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN good guys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Overrated, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

As much as we beat ESPN up on this board--and rightfully so--who are the guys you actually enjoy on ESPN? Reading the Peter Gammons thread made me remember not all of ESPN is evil...just most of it.

I love the entire Baseball Tonight crew. And Paul Maguire.

You?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thea Andrews and Mario Lopez

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Gammons, Tom Jackson and I used to love Dave Campbell when he was on Baseball Tonight.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

thank for stopping by tom jackson, thea andrews, uh never mind. ;D

i like the understated talking heads like karl ravech. he's terrific but only because he stands out from every other talking helmet head. i like kornheiser and wilbon, too.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

There are many who are great people... in life. That's why I never understood the bashing, particularly to the level it's reached.

6. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Virtually everyone involved in ESPN's college football stuff is a good guy. Other than Trev, I honestly can't think of one who's been a jerk that I've ever dealt with and he's gone.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

To answer your question, Luggy, by using an analogy -- I'm sure Dubya is a good husband and likely was a decent father, doesn't mean his mistakes in office don't deserve to be criticized.

So when we ridicule Chris Berman, Joe Theismann, Mel Kiper Jr., et al, we're doing so because they're annoying and really bad at their jobs, i.e. to inform and entertain.

8. I'm rather fond of Erin Andrews, or as some call her, the future Mrs. More hideous than Ben Seaver.   ;D

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

That is the greatest screen name I've ever seen. Thank you.

Also, great call on Ravech, Leo. Of all their sport specific shows, he's easily the best host.

10. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I like Rece Davis and Dave Revsine. Never minded them.

11. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Dave Revsine is heavily underused.

John Buccigross is good too.

12. donnie23

donnie23 Member

Came across John Anderson once or twice and he seemed like a good guy. Heard the same about Harold Reynolds.

Draft saved Draft deleted