1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN.go.com

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by webo, Oct 6, 2010.

1. webo

webo New Member

Anybody know if there are any plans to expand beyond the five cities now online?

2. zhbuchanan

zhbuchanan New Member

I've heard rumors, although from non-ESPN people, that they're at least looking to start up a Phoenix site.

3. Schottey

Schottey Guest

It was my understanding, that when Tom Pelissaro went to ESPN AM1500 in Minneapolis, it was because they would be rolling out a site.

4. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

everything I have heard from espn employees is that no new rollouts are planned until they figure out how to make $$$$ from them

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup, hearing the same thing. These things are on hold for a bit. No new ones have been announced. Last one to come out was New York in April.

6. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Are the city editions not financially successful? From what I've heard, it seems they're at least drawing traffic.

7. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

I've heard the same from espn people who are in the already-established city sites.

8. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

After what went down in Pittsburgh last week, I can't imagine there'll be one here for some time. Seems foolish to get rid of the radio presence if they are, unless the intent is to entirely re-vamp it on the FM side down the road with new personnel when the site launches.

Draft saved Draft deleted