1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN: Favre won't apply for reinstatement yet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by King Of All Media, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Your team is trying, and failing, to muck up the works by wooing a Packer QB with an ex-Badger quarterback, and I have to watch it?

That's it ... go to your room, Rosie! :D

That felt good, but I fear the wrath to come with every fiber of my being.

The only consolation is knowing the Vikings have created an internal QB mess of their own with the revelation that they made a run at Favre. I'll keep telling myself that on the inside ...

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

YOU GET YOUR SORRY CHEESEHEAD BUTT TO YOUR ROOM RIGHT NOW AND DO NOT DELAY!!!!

Your team is slinging mud, grasping at straws, doing anything to try and deflect blame away from their stupid muddled mess.

This is a Slacker matter, leave the innocent Vikings out of it.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Vikings insuinated themselves into it! Like the idiots they are!

(slamming door as I go to my room and crank CCR's Lodi because I'm so misunderstood!)

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Yeah, and you just better stay in your room for a while too because you know you're wrong.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Give Bubbler a break, Rosie.

He's only human. He'll get his second wind.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

That was giving him a break. :D

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

According to Pro Football Talk, Favre made and received calls to the Vikings HC and OC from his team-issued cell phone.

This story gets better by the minute.

8. Mizzougrad96

I love Pro Football Talk

PACKERS THINK THEY HAVE THE GOODS ON THE VIKES
    Posted by Mike Florio on July 17, 2008, 5:32 p.m.
    A league source tells us that the Green Bay Packers are confident that they have sufficient proof to show that the “Minneapolis” Vikings (thanks, Greta) tampered with quarterback Brett Favre.

Another source has laid out for us some of the facts that the investigation could (emphasis: could) reveal.

For starters, it has been reported that the Packers believe that phone records will reveal that Favre has had multiple conversations with Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell. But we’re hearing that the Packers might already have the phone records. Since the Packers wouldn’t have had access to the phone records of Bevell or any other Vikings employee, the logical conclusion is that Favre was using a cell phone that has been bought and paid for by the Packers — and that the Packers have full access to the documents reflecting all calls made and received.

And we’re hearing unconfirmed rumors that the list of calls made and received by Favre on his Packer-provided cell phone contained other numbers. And that one of the numbers (again, unconfirmed) could belong to phone belonging to Brad Childress, head coach of the Vikings.

Because Childress and Favre have no prior relationship, any discussions between the two of them would be suspicious, to say the least. Especially if the communications occurred after a multiple days of multiple discussions between Favre and Bevell.

Meanwhile, the Vikings have been eerily silent regarding the situation. And that could be because they fear that their nuts are in a vise on this one.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't say I trust a word of that report, which is a bit heavy on disclaimers and speculation, but if it's true, Favre is even dumber than I thought he was.

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

The report, while considering the source, still sounds extremely plausible.

Favre has never been mistaken for a brain surgeon.

11. Mizzougrad96

Clayton had a very similar report last night on ESPN.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, I wasn't dismissing it. Just saying that given the source and how it was written, I'm not sure what to think yet.

But how dumb would he have to be to use a cell phone the team pays for to make and take those calls?

Draft saved Draft deleted