1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN fanning the Billy D to UK flames

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

"Sources say...."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2819224

2. Fuck ESPN. That is all.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I heard on the Internets... :eek:

4. Sports Producer

Sports Producer New Member

Guys...that story was written by Mark Schlabach. Did you read it? It says Kentucky is prepared to offer Donovan $1 million. Mark is a long time excellent reporter, with more SEC contacts than 99.9 percent of college reporters. He didn't say Donovan would take it, but do you think he made it up? If either one of the posters is half as good a reporter as Schlabach, I'd be impressed. But it must make you feel like a real big man to take pot shots at him, go ahead. I'm sure if ESPN.com offered either one of you a job, you wouldn't take it. Yeah, right!

5. John

John Well-Known Member

The fact that Schlabach wrote it is the only reason I paid attention to it. Oh, and there's an AP story out on Richie Farmer saying Donovan was "open" to the move.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Actually, Sportsproducer (most likely at ESPN.com), it didn't say Kentucky was prepared to offer Billy Donovan $1 million, it said Kentucky was prepared to offer him $1 million more than he's making now. I guess reading isn't part of sports producing.

And yes, we are aware that Mark Schlabach is God. Mizzou told us a long time ago that he's a f'ing stud.

7. Sports Producer

Sports Producer New Member

But I guess reporting with sources is "fanning the flames". A lot of news organizations ''fanned the flames" on Nick Saban going to Alabama. I guess they should just sit back and wait for the news conference.

And no, I don't work for ESPN.com. But I wouldn't be adverse to it either.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I hereby report Donovan is gone.

Remember: You read it here third.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Win a title, become a troublemaker....

10. If Donovan passes, John Beilein will take it.

The man is leaving WVU.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Beilein might be in Michigan before Donovan turns down Kentucky

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nobody told you this but I'm in the running for the Florida job. I'm gonna parlay this championship into a bigger gig! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.