1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN: Dirk is NBA MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CentralIllinoisan, May 10, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

My GOD! You actually didn't spell anything wrong.

Stay INTERAL for us there RAMBO.

PS: It's BS he didn't get the MVP last year! And I'm sorry your fanboy hero worship for Kobe didn't carry him to the MVP.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I kinda felt the same way until I stopped and watched some of that first-round series.

Damn.

3. JackS

JackS Member

Did someone here actually nominate Gilbert Arenas? Gilbert (freakin') Arenas?!?! I hate to go all "Starman" on whomever did that, but Arenas is nothing but a garden variety scoring gunner. If George Gervin, Pete Maravich and Bernard King never won MVP (and they didn't), then there is no way in hell Gilbert Arenas deserves to get within 500 miles of that trophy.

Hey, if it was me, I'd vote Tim Duncan every year, but "Gilbert Arenas for MVP" consideration has just got to be a joke. Right?

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Yeah, I said Arenas, with the definition of valuable being "team falls to shit without him." Didn't say he'd be the choice, just said I'd put him in the discussion.

Draft saved Draft deleted