1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Classic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., May 16, 2007.

1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I got a new cable system recently and it included ESPN Classic, something I didn't get with Comcast before.

Couldn't believe how much they flushed this channel down the toilet in the last year. Classic bowling? Classic American Gladiators? Classic poker? I mean, are you shitting me?

I know on this board we rail against ESPN, and some say you don't like it, don't watch it. But I can't believe how they took this channel with a lot of potential and threw up all over it in the usual ESPN way. It would appear as soon as Cheap Seats left the building, so starts the demise. At least This Week in Baseball is still on, but it's at 8 a.m.

Gotta go, classic pool is on at noon and I better set my Tivo for this.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

This Week in Baseball is on ESPN Classic? Sweet! Are we talking 70's & 80's TWIB?

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just wish we had ESPNews. The rest can go to hell.

4. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Saw one last week from 1978 (June, I think). Mel Allen was saying in one bit how well the Red Sox were playing.

Damn it all.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Don't forget all the Stump the Schwab marathons.

This channel could be so much more.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'm hankering for some TWIB notes.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

A couple of years ago, I taped these. Still have them somewhere.

Great stuff -- who doesn't remember watching TWIB, then the NBC Game of the Week back in the day? -- but the problem was that they kept showing the same 10 or so from 1978.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't mind it. Replays of Trickshot Magic aren't thaattt bad, right?

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I want more SportsCentury.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Maybe the Baseball Bunch will make an appearance someday.

[​IMG]

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Maybe some of like Chris Schenkel and Billy Welu calling Don Johnson's 299 game in the Firestone Tournament of Champions in 1971 because we remember watching it live when we were 10. Give me reruns of the old Professional Bowlers Tour telecasts any day. I never miss them at 11 a.m.

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Man, I loved that show. The dugout Wizard, Tommy Lasorda. The he went to get hookers and got his freak on.

Draft saved Draft deleted