1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Classic marathon of games involving the current Top 25

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Aug 28, 2007.

1. IU90

IU90 Member

Now THIS is the sort of thing that a classic sports channel SHOULD be for, and what it was before ESPN bought it and ruined it. Maybe they're finally getting the message.

EDIT: I see others beat me to this point. Also, although this is the right idea, I'd note that a couple of the choices do seem a bit odd -- not really classic games when there are myriad better choices involving the representative team out there -- but, hey, at least they're using the channel for its intended purpose again.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Probably right on the broadcast rights, but the Fiesta last year was a Fox game. Almost all of the games on that list are ABC/ESPN deals, though 1994 Orange Bowl and 1981 Orange Bowl were on NBC.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Is that 2003 Arkansas-Kentucky game one of the Hogs' numerous multiple overtime death matches?

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid change.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Watching Ohio St-Miami in the '03 Fiesta Bowl right now...there's some sick talent on the field.

Kellen Winslow Jr.
    Andre Johnson
    Sean Taylor
    Jonathan Vilma
    Nick Mangold
    Mike Nugent
    DJ Williams
    Chris Gamble

Also some good bums:
    Maurice Clarett
    Ken Dorsey
    Michael Jenkins

8. doctor x

doctor x Member

Watching the '81 Sugar Bowl, I had forgotten how horribly Georgia played on offense -- notwithstanding Herschel Walker's MVP performance -- to still win the game and the national championship.

Draft saved Draft deleted