1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN and Poynter event in St. Petersburg, FL, Jan. 28

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by h20angel, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h20angel

h20angel New Member

A Community Conversation About How the Majesty and Money of Sports Affect the Values and Culture of American Life-- with ESPN experts, including Chris Mortensen, Suzy Kolber, Jeremy Schaap and Cris Carter.

Tickets: $25 Proceeds benefit students in Poynter’s summer writing programs.

Jan. 28, 7 p.m
    Poynter Institute for Media Studies
    801 3rd St. S
    St. Petersburg, FL

Sports figures have long been role models in American culture. But today’s front-page sports story is as likely to involve a nightclub shooting as a new home run king. Join us as we examine how sports impacts society – and how the media impact sports.

How do the heroes and villains of sports affect American culture? What do the media consider a “great sports story”? Does the explosion of the sports opinion universe affect the games?

A reception and light refreshments will follow.

You can buy tickets here:https://poynter.yourmembership.com/store/view_product.asp?id=262362.

Here is the link to the Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=62425770041

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. If you're serious about getting people to attend, you should put this on the Journalism Topics Only board.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Cris Carter?

Cris Fucking Carter?

Seriously?

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I was just thinking that one of these names is not like the others ...

This could actually be interesting, but I'll be at a basketball game in northern Pa. on the night in question.

5. Is there anything that any one of those people could say that would remotely be something I cared about?

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We need this on how many boards? I'm locking this, there's one on the journalism board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.