1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews to appear on Dancing With the Stars

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They need to stop letting people who are essentially professional dancers compete.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Yeah, they run the risk of ruining the show's integrity.

;)

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Granted, I've probably seen 10 shows during the whole run, but it's a lot more enjoyable seeing someone like Kelly Osbourne or Emmitt Smith or Adam Carolla or someone who isn't an ice skater (Yamaguchi), Broadway (Mario Lopez) star or part of a boy band (Lachey, Fatone), where they've been dancing for years.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's absolute gold -- or is it platinum? -- right there.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I don't get why anyone should care about whether Dancing With The Stars is perceived as "fair competition."

It's entertainment, and ABC can create whatever rules and circumstances it wishes.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You obviously never saw the movie "Quiz Show"

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Quiz shows are different. That's normal people playing for money.

Dancing With The Stars is a bunch of famous people playing for fun or to further their own careers.

Besides, since Stacy Keibler, Melissa Rycroft and Kelly Osbourne were robbed, I just can't bring myself to care who wins anymore.

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Erin Andrews was excellent in "Dancing with Rey Maualuga".

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

fixed

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This struck me as somewhat amusing: Happened to watch part of Extra today, where they promo'd the new group of celebs....Pam Anderson, Kate Gosselin, Evan Lysecek, Buzz Aldrin....not a single mention of Erin Andrews.

Guaranteed, to most viewers, she's going to be 'You know, that girl in the hotel room that got video'd.'

11. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

DWTS is part of EA's severance pkg.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And that really sucks. She did nothing wrong and someone did something really really bad to her, not to mention illegal. She must know she's getting on DWTS because of the notoriety the case generated and everyone that didn't see the video or pictures will, once they find out who she is.

I hope she wins.

Draft saved Draft deleted