1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews leaves ESPN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by turski7, Jun 29, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

You know...now that you bring up "sports IQ"...I gotta wonder...how much about sports does she know? I mean this honestly...is she a stat geek? knows a certain something about one topic? I don't really know (mainly because I am not a big follower of her).
    Does she actually know sports? Or will she eventually become a E! reporter or something of the like?

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Melissa Stark is at NFL Network, if our pals at Wikipedia are to be trusted.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She certainly seems no more sports-ignorant than many chipmunk-cheeked males thrown in front of the camera.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I just saw Danyelle Sargent on NFL Network the other night. She was the one who asked Mike Singletary about his conversation with Bill Walsh before his 49ers coaching debut, despite the fact that Walsh was dead by then.

I don't think sports knowledge is a huge determining factor in those jobs.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Sargent is wed to former NBA coach Eric Musselman.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Don't you get the distinct impression we're in the early stages of the Ethel Merman Farewell Tour?

Just speculating.

7. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

If by this, you mean that Berman ends up in a sanitarium, occasionally bothering other patients by loudly singing showtunes or reciting horrible athlete nicknames at full volume only to be immediately sedated and knocked into a semi-comatose state by staff...then I surely hope so.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Andrews will be on Dan Patrick's radio show tomorrow.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Son of a bitch, don't tease me.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sorry, couldn't resist:

11. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

She is going to Fox Sports.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/richard_deitsch/07/01/erin-andrews-fox/index.html

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Best place for a female sports personality to land if you want to be respected as a journalist instead of ogled as a sex symbol.

Draft saved Draft deleted