1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews leaves ESPN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by turski7, Jun 29, 2012.

1. turski7

turski7 Member

2. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

It's amazing to me that ESPN will pay a guy like Berman, yet Beadle and Andrews can't be brought back.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Not working for the company that may or may not have promoted the guy who whipped it out in first class has its advantages, too.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

IIRC, Beadle was looking to grow beyond sports. In the long run, this could be a bigger loss than Andrews.

Andrews? Can she keep her shoe deal?

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Best of luck to Erin in her future endeavors.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Well she was pigeon holed, amid her popularity.

When she is 35, does she want to be hottie fodder for every 19 year old at LSU she does a feature on. Cruel to say but her clock is ticking on career advancement.

I didn't see "it" on the anchoring desk as she never had the confidence nor command on the desk. They tried that on GameDay and it just didn't work.

Beadle has the bigger upside because she actually has a personality.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to Jill Arrington and Melissa Stark?

8. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

Geez, this thread reads like one of those Internet entertainment sites. Nothing personal to anyone here, but I'll say to this one what I say to those: Who gives a shit?

9. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

She's already 34. And she'll be working on CFB at FOX, though obviously she'll not be covering the SEC, at least not regularly.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Last season, Arrington was host to a weekly CFB preview show on the Fox Sports regional channels. She still looks spectacular despite aging a bit.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit about Erin Andrews leaving ESPN? A whole lot of people. A number into the millions, even.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She will be hosting one of their daily talkfests within three years.

She meets all the requirements except she probably way overshoots the IQ range.

Draft saved Draft deleted