1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews interviews Larry Coker

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FireJimTressel.com, Nov 23, 2006.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Coker's one of the nicest guys I've ever worked with in the business ... that's why it will be a shame when he's let go ...

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe he has jumped the shark, but at one time, Jim Gray was as good as they come in TV sports hard news reporting.

3. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Not saying it was perfect, but I've seen a lot worse. Coker's inevitable departure was the only relevant storyline, along with whether "the U" will go to Boise or somewhere similar as a 6-6 team (which she also asked). Keep in mind, she also has a producer in her headset wanting specific stuff asked as well - I'm guessing "How'd you feel about about Kirby Freeman's performance tonight?" wasn't on their list.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Jim Gray has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It costs $15,000 to get one. He has one. WHAT A TOOL!

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Ugh, this board is hard on women. She did a good job.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree... I thought she did a very good job...

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Sure she did a good job, but in some ways she is William Hurt's character in Broadcast News. I can just picture an Albert Brooks sitting in the truck thinking, "I say it here and it comes out there." Give her credit for this interview, but it's going to take more than that before her peers back off the style over substance opinion of her.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Point taken. But why is it that Andrews' postgame interviews go on so much longer than anyone else's? They can't all be producers' calls or orders through the headset/earpiece to stretch another 15-30-45 seconds. Can they?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Coker is a good man, too good for the latrine that is major college football.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

This board is hard on people who suck and who land in gigs several stratospheres above their talent level.

Andrews is great on the eyes and awful everywhere else. Nothing she does will change that.

11. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Nothing Andrews does can ever make her worthy of being in a big time job? Gee, that seems pretty fair. Are you this charitable in your evaluations of everyone? First impressions are all that ever matter - nothing else! Welcome to the Gong Show, with your host BYH!

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

hey, i had no idea those stars were for sale. as soon as i can come up with $15K i'll be there!

Draft saved Draft deleted