1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews death threats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Dear Jim,

I'd like to kill the other blonde on Dancing With the Stars

Sincerley,

Not John Gosselin

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Why is everybody acting like EA is the only woman in the world who has ever been stalked or received death threats?
    I'd be willing to bet the other women on DWTS get plenty of both - don't tell me Kate Gosselin or Cheryl Burke have never gotten any. Or any woman who appears on TV regularly, from actress to local news anchor.
    Not that I hold EA responsible personally - this had to be cooked up either by her agent or some Disney suit that's trying to be a hero so HE can get in her knickers.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Wasn't a Shawn Johnson stalker arrested right outside the Dancing with the Stars studio?

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nobody's acting like that.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Be careful, Terrier. Saying anything like that about EA on this board is frowned upon.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

I'm wondering if this isn't a joint promotional spin concocted by Disney...which owns Erin's employer and the network of "Dancing With the Stars."

7. Tarheel316

Intriguing thought, Printdust.

8. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Or, you know, it could be that a nut started sending in progressively more bizarre death threats. You think an ABC suit was emailing EA death threats to the freaking Dan Patick show as a PR push? Your "reasoning" about who's responsible for them is every bit as good as that of the geniuses who thought she was involved with the hotel videos too.

9. Tarheel316

He has a right to his opinion just like you do Rufino.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Never said the death threats were phony. It's just that they're usually not publicized like these. I fear that her people blowing these up only encourages the sicko threatening her (or will bring out more).
    She's not being well served by those around her. Instead of protecting her, they paint a bigger bullseye on her.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Ok, somebody fess up. Who let the idiots out of their pen today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.