1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erin Andrews and the Cubs locker room: Discuss

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Hey, fuck sorry. He said no more pictures. Why piss him off?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Once upon a time, Holly Rowe was hired as intelligent eye-candy too.
    We all know what happened to her: "Holly, it's not giving up. It's 49-21, sweetheart.""

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I've seen less attractive wearing less. Anybody who has covered the Chiefs in recent years can back me up.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This can actually be a decent discussion and, uh, you need just words for that.
    Please don't make me lock this. No more pictures.

5. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Her clothes aren't an issue. It's hot as shit outside and she's wearing a summer dress. Good for her. If attire is an issue around here, I can think of males dressing far less professional than Andrews.

And because some schmuck columnist saw her touch Soriano's arm, suddenly it's inappropriate? Please. If she was a beached whale, this wouldn't be an issue.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Somebody should start a dress code thread.

Oh, and I really thought the guy in the picture behind Andrews was Bruce Madej.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I think it would be if "a beached whale" was touching a player's biceps.

8. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

But in what context? My problem is this guy is painting her out to be some jock sniffer who wants nothing more than to flirt with athletes when, I suspect, that's probably not the case.

There are male reporters who have done far more to cross the lines than touch someone's shoulder. The only difference is that Erin Andrews is a young, attractive female.

9. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

If she touched my biceps, I'd be tempted to touch her pecs.

10. VJ

VJ Member

What a joke. Seriously, alert me the next time a thread is started because a 350-pound male writer is wearing a small t-shirt.

11. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Well, the way it sounds (and I obviously wasn't there), she "flirtatiously" grabbed/touched a biceps (and again, it sounds like she did so "in awe").

Whether she, "a beached whale," a straight or gay male sports reporter does it is irrelevant. It's inappropriate and unprofessional. At least in my opinion. You're there to get quotes, reaction, etc. Not to touch or be publically amazed by someone's physique. Sure, the guys are well-put together, more so than my fat ass ever will be, but I'm not going to praise an athlete — guy or girl — in public, in front of my coworkers or his/her teammates for being a specimen.

And again, I wasn't there, so we have to take the columnist's word for it that she was "flirtacious" about it.

As for her dress code. She looked fine and professional in the sun dress. And if I wanted to, I'd wear a suit. Hell, we've seen TV males looking professional. Her wardrobe is much less of an issue in my eyes.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Dear Abby,

I touched Donald Driver's arm once when we were both laughing at a joke in an NFL locker room. He touched mine, too. Does that make us sluts? And Rex Hudler hugged me once wearing nothing but a jock and his sanitaries.

Signed,

Sleeveless in Seattle.

Draft saved Draft deleted