1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"ER" fans... spoiler alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Nov 30, 2007.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I've watched ER since its debut my freshman year of college and the only reason I keep tuning in is because it's like a car accident - you slow down just to see how bad it really is. I can't take John Stamos at all - what a has-been. I think Kristen Johnson really should be brought back into the show. But I think the show lost its oomph when Dr. Romano was killed. There's no way to recreate what he brought to ER.

This season has had its moments but the only compelling storyline is Abby's alcoholism. I keep saying out loud during each episode, "Something awful is going to happen to Abby before the season's over."

Haleh, the nurse, is also an original cast member, IIRC. And Jerry left the cast at the beginning of last season after he was shot in the ER waiting room by Samantha's ex-husband's gang. (Great cameo in that episode, with Estelle Costanza as Jerry's mom.)

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

He tried last night though. Paul McCrane directed the episode.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

You have to be kidding me :eek: :eek: :-X...I think he should just stay with the acting

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Chunie (sp?) the nurse is also original, I think. Wasn't she Anthony Edwards' first hookup after his divorce?

If I know that, don't I need a real life?

5. Cansportschick

OTD, I am getting concerned for you...

:eek: :eek: I can't believe you remembered that!

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

From Wikipedia: The only characters to appear in every season are nurses Malik McGrath, Haleh Adams and Chuny Marquez and paramedics Doris Pickman and Zadro White.

7. Cansportschick

Thanks Joe for the info. I forgot about Malik.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Oh, I saw it. She asked him if he was freaked out, he said he was fine, but the look on his face said OMFG. I thought the sound of buttons landing on the floor was a nice touch ...

Cougargirl, Romano is my fave all-time character. It's a terrible burden being right all the time. You're right, they can't recreate what he brought to the show, though they seemed to be trying with Tucci's character. I've long contended that the absence of Romano's character enhanced the popularity of Simon Cowell and Ann Robinson, who both have the same abrasive know-it-all schtick.

9. Cansportschick

But to think that McCrane directed last night's episode. Tucci role was retarded on the show. If they were trying to recreate a Romano like presence, Tucci was not the answer, not at all.

10. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I think I read somewhere that Gloria Reuben was coming back on....and I think Noah Wylie owes them a few episodes. I also read that negotiations are taking place to renew next season.

I liked Stanley Tucci and hope that he'll be back...not crazy about Lucien or the new Chief Chick.
    I'm also okay with John Stamos but his character is boring this season.
    And I hate that Abby is off the wagon again...not sure where that storyline is going.

I think I continue to watch just because I always have.

11. Cansportschick

There is a god! So happy to hear some past people are coming back. Eric LaSalle should come back and rekindle that special bond he had with Noah Wylie on screen.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I stopped watching about five years ago... I think when they killed Goose off, I felt like I had had enough with the cast changes.

Depending on how long the writer's strike goes, I'll probably start watching the reruns just to see something new...

Draft saved Draft deleted