1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Epsom Salt as a cure all

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 8, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeahh..

Heaven... is not too far... A-wayyyyyayyyyyyayyayay yeah.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm betting Dye's Jani Lane and Zeke's the bassist with the really blue eyes and the bad teeth.

[​IMG]

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

i can't believe we made it through the whole song without BYH poking his head in here...

You're slipping, old dickhead!

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

If anyone is still interested in Epsom Salt (which, yes, is among the three essential substances for cleaning/fixing anything), the recipe for a great salt scrub:

1 cup Epsom Salt
    2 tablespoons Olive Oil
    either 6 drops of any essential oil (try peppermint, lavender or lemon)
    or
    3 ripe strawberries, mashed

Combine all in a plastic container; it will keep in the fridge for about a week. And be careful, it will make the bathtub slippery.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

ARRRRRRRRGH!!! This is what I get for logging out and doing actual work. I can't believe I missed Warrant karaoke. Shit!

Refresh my memory: Did you guys make up over Warrant or have you always gotten along?

I hope it's the former. Then we can say Warrant: Uniting SportsJournalists.commers since August 2006!!!

"Heaven" was a can't-miss hit...a familiar-sounding hair metal ballad following up a slow-building first hit ("Down Boys") coupled with a distinctive video (the boys sported all-white garb). It hit no. 2, if I recall correctly (hi Double J!).

But for my two cents, the best Warrant ballad was the bitter "I Saw Red," which was far better than most power ballads (I know, I know, damning with faint praise).

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Dye and I have always gotten along, if not perfectly.

For my money, Warrant's best were Down Boys and Uncle Toms Cabin.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go wait in line for tix to the Saigon Kick reunion show...

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'd like to interrupt this homoerotic Warrant love fest to step in and say ...

Outing alert: A_F was the ghostwriter for Larry King's USA Today column.

"Epsom salt -- it's a wonderful cure-all, seriously folks, it's not just for foot-soaking anymore ... I've looked down the shirts of many female celebrities, and take my word for it folks, Cathie Lee Crosby is stacked. Dolly Parton, surprisingly, was underwhelming ... I don't care what those egghead critics say, Armageddon was hosed out of Oscar consideration."

Draft saved Draft deleted