1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Epic Luxury Price Inflation

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ben_Hecht, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I paid $1.25 for a regular package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups last night at this gas station that shouldn't have been that shitty.

Not King Size. Not ice cream. Regular, two cups.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I grew up on cheap TP. Never knew any better. Got married, was introduced to real TP and won't ever go back. I could be starving with $5 to my name an I'll hunt to survive if I can have some good TP.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I skimp on a lot, but not in this area. In fact, I can't live without those Cottonelle wipes now, either...

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Was talking with the wife last night at dinner about our finances, and made the joke that we'll soon be able to wipe our asses with $100 bills (obviously just joking). Then I thought that would make a good life goal — and a phenomenal "F-you" present.
    Before I die, I will wipe my ass with some large denomination. Maybe not a $100, but definitely a $20 or a $50. Then I'll put it in a Christmas or birthday card and send it to someone I hate.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

The worst is when you need to feed the Porcelain King during a high school basketball game, and of course all they have in the bathroom is those sheets which give your taint paper cuts. Once, I went to a school where the TP was Charmin soft. Otherwise, I would rather wipe with 90 grit sandpaper.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Most high school bathrooms I've been in rarely have any kind of toilet paper. Or doors on the stalls, for that matter.

Draft saved Draft deleted