1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage: The Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I mean, it may not happen in the millions or hundred-thousands, but it'll happen in the thousands. Old friends who watched Entourage the show together regularly will go see the movie together. I guarantee it.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'll have to find one of my "bros" to watch it with since the wife never got into the show. Either that or I'll just go to a matinee by myself during the week.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Between DVD sales, digital downloads, international box office, etc... It's hard to imagine that this could lose $$$ unless they decide to give it a Waterworld-type budget.

I'm not that excited about it, but I will see it...

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Stuff like is why I'm glad Breaking Bad ended the way it did.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One word: Prequel... :D

6. JackReacher

Stuff like what?

7. Steak Snabler

Making movies out of TV shows that had a coherent end. It's a straight money grab.

People need to learn to let go.

8. JackReacher

I mean....you realize you don't have to see the movie, right? What difference does it make to you?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Ha, yeah, it'd be a real thrill ride to watch a guy teach high school chemistry for 90 minutes!

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be an expensive shoot. No CGI, no big action sequences and figure they probably didn't have to spend more than $2 mil up front for any of the talent. Double that for production costs and you're looking at a $20 mil. max.

11. Steak Snabler

It offends me as a consumer that Hollywood doesn't have any better ideas ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. JackReacher

You can't find any other movies that suit your needs?

I just don't understand why people take such offense at certain movies getting made. What the fuck does it matter? Don't see it. There are new movies released every week. Surely, you'll eventually find one that doesn't offend you. And if you can't find a movie you like, well, that's more your problem than Hollywood's.

And I know you're not making a huge deal out of it, Steak. I'm speaking in general. Just one of the many things that irritate me, much like these kind of movies irritate you, I guess.

I don't know....I just don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted