1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage: The Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Oct 29, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

...is a go.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/90946/the-entourage-movie-is-a-go-did-you-hear-that-it-is-a-go

I once said on this board that this movie would make $100M on opening weekend. That was, of course, fucking stupid. However, I do know the movie will make at least $12.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My guess is the brouhaha about profit participation will end up being moot. The show was always fun and made 30 minutes go by rather quickly, but you think how the TV show was edited. If they stretch that out to 90 minutes it would be a mess. I expect something like "Get Him To The Greek."

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This movie will lose money. Who remembers Entourage now? Not enough moviegoers, that's for sure.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think one of the reasons the movie is getting made is because the cast of that show hasn't worked much since the show ended. HBO isn't known for paying huge money for a movie, so I think if they made this for $30-$50 Million, it might do pretty well. I seriously doubt they're going to have to pay top dollar for anyone in the cast, and that might not have been the case when the show ended.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

QFP.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have to agree with M_G here. The bros and bro-ettes who enjoyed "Entourage" during its hey day are going to be dads and dad-ettes when the movie gets here, and they'll be in the next theater over, taking in "Despicable Me 5."

It'll enjoy a successful run on DVD, though.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The only thing I want that is Enourage related is Playboy's The Girls of Entourage.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sloan as a MILF could be worth the price of admission.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The fuck?

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Adrian Grenier still can't act, but I love the show.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Movies based on popular TV shows are only made because they make easy money. And the hype will be absurd for this. HBO will do Entourage marathons. Bros will reunite for it.

And a successful run on DVD still helps a movie not lose money.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that.

Draft saved Draft deleted