1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage: The Final Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Stephens, Jul 25, 2011.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The way I looked at it, Ari's wife made the first move with -- gag -- Bobby Flay.

All bets were off after that.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Sorry, but if my wife cheated on me...I wouldn't see that as a reason to try to get layed. I would work harder to get the marriage to work.

Damn me and my moralities...

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think that's what bothered me. I thought the scene where she told him she was seeing somebody was so well played. You could see how devastated he was.

I thought his date turning out to be a disaster even though the girl was ready to have sex with him was perfect. Having him end up in Dana's bed? Meh. I didn't care for it.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think Ari and his wife look at it as cheating. She flat-out told him, "I'm seeing someone."

I know it's a gray area because they're separated and not divorced yet, but I think part of the point is that he's confused about their status.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Neither is cheating, but it implies that they're past the point of no return, but I think we all expect them to get back together...

6. outofplace

That's why I thought it was odd to put him with a woman that seems like a match for some kind of legitimate relationship with him.

7. Mizzougrad96

Exactly. And hooking the two of them up would just be stupid.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

What happened to the comedy I loved?

I watched before bed and had nightmares.

That said..................... Still some tidbits of great writing in there. When the producer told Vince he made a TV movie on the Menendez brothers that got "nominated for a Peabody," I thought that was great, because the Peabodys don't do nominations. You either win one or you don't. It was great foreshadowing.

I think the Dice storyline is spot-on. Happens all the time in Hollywood. A group of people comes up with something truly good, and some self-saboteur has to firebomb it.

Anyhoo, I think we can tell where this is going... Sloan and Turtle's new venture lead the gang back to New York, from whence they came ------>> jumping off point for the movie.

9. outofplace

Wasn't Turtle's idea to bring food from home to a restaurant in LA?

10. Mizzougrad96

Which is exactly what he did in real life.

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Entourage has always been junk food.

Why complain now about its lack of nutritional content?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's not lack of nutritional content. It's lack of fun.
    The show just isn't fun anymore.

And the cast hit the promotional trail pretty hard for the final season, and they kept saying the final season was going to be a chance to recapture the series' sense of fun.
    So far, not delivering.

I find their attempt at character development and story arc boring.
    It's not fun anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted