1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage: The Final Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Stephens, Jul 25, 2011.

1. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Poor Eric, Sloan is so hot. Just sign the prenupt!

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just saw the first episode... Awful... Just dreadful shit...

And Ellin thinks he can make a movie?

3. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Agreed the show has been awful this year. I've seen every ep till now. I think I will bail. Really like Jeremy Piven as an actor and his character. I wish the show focused on him and his other clients. Vince, E and Turtle are all really becoming annoying. They are not played by good actors which does not help. Drama is entertaining though.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The movie will do OK. The American movie-going public will go see just about anything, particularly if is familiar.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

An Entourage movie will make $100 million on opening weekend. Lock.

6. Mizzougrad96

I hope you're joking. It would be lucky to make that total.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. That was a bit much. Probably $50 million, though. Lock it makes more than 100 total.

8. Mizzougrad96

I think an Entourage movie could make money. It doesn't hurt that none of the cast members are so in-demand that they would have to get huge money to do it. With the possible exception of Piven, I don't expect anyone on the show to go on to bigger and better things.

Give each of the five main stars a share of the back end, make the movie for $40 million or so, and it would do well, at least financially...

If they start thinking it could have success like the Sex and the City movies did and they start paying $10 million for each member of the ensemble cast, it will be a disaster.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just saw the second episode on DVR and I liked it a hell of a lot more than I liked the first. I hope Dice hangs around some. I will watch the rest just because - but I still have low hopes despite an improved second episode of the season.

E is going back to New York. You can book that shit right now.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

No chance in hell it would break $30mm domestically. It's not a show with an invested fan base like X-Files or SATC.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok...now THAT was not a normal Entourage ending.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Yeah.

It took how many seasons to show someone doing coke in Hollywood of all places and now they're jumping to this?

Draft saved Draft deleted