1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage: The Final Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Stephens, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Anyone else watch tonight? Like usual, felt it was a really strong season premier.

Johnny Bananas made me chuckle a bit.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Matt, I think the lack of reaction here says a lot. I watched, was not blown away. I watched out of habit. I no longer think I will miss this show.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Probably right. The past few seasons have followed a formula: Vince starts on bottom, works his way up, then hits bottom again. I'm hoping this one will end up being a little different.

4. Since it's the final season, I'm guessing the change will go like this: Vince starts on bottom, ends on top. We won't even recognize it as the same show.

5. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Did I think it was funny? Almost not at all. But I think there's some good stuff there for a decent season.
    But like the rest of ya, I'm watching mostly out of habit these days.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I watched every season of the show last summer, caught last season on HBO On-Demand during a free weekend recently and will plunge into the final season Tuesday night (wife and I both want to watch it together)
    I have to say, the show isn't awesome as it was the first few seasons, but it's still a good summer show.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I thought the episode set up the rest of the seass nicely.

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Didn't love it. Didn't hate it. It was just kind of there. And that's from someone who liked last season quite a bit.

It could have -- I know, I know -- set up the finale, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Been my summer guilty pleasure, even during the slower years, but I do have to say I hope it picks up some steam from what we saw last night.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Count me among those watching out of habit. I do want to see how the characters end up, but it's nothing special.

10. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

i thought the same thing for last couple of seasons, and was usually disappointed.

11. Johnny Chase

Johnny Chase Member

I liked it. Nothing special, but a good episode. The only thing that really pisses me off is that they skipped the whole E breaking up with Sloan, E and Scott fucking Murray over.

Yea, you knew at the end of last season that it was gonna happen, but I would have liked for it to be part of the season.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Agree. Those were two mighty big leaps to make.

Draft saved Draft deleted