1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage: The Final Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Stephens, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Anyone else watch tonight? Like usual, felt it was a really strong season premier.

Johnny Bananas made me chuckle a bit.
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Matt, I think the lack of reaction here says a lot. I watched, was not blown away. I watched out of habit. I no longer think I will miss this show.
  3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Probably right. The past few seasons have followed a formula: Vince starts on bottom, works his way up, then hits bottom again. I'm hoping this one will end up being a little different.
  4. Since it's the final season, I'm guessing the change will go like this: Vince starts on bottom, ends on top. We won't even recognize it as the same show.
  5. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Did I think it was funny? Almost not at all. But I think there's some good stuff there for a decent season.
    But like the rest of ya, I'm watching mostly out of habit these days.
  6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I watched every season of the show last summer, caught last season on HBO On-Demand during a free weekend recently and will plunge into the final season Tuesday night (wife and I both want to watch it together)
    I have to say, the show isn't awesome as it was the first few seasons, but it's still a good summer show.
  7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I thought the episode set up the rest of the seass nicely.
  8. Roscablo

Roscablo Member

Didn't love it. Didn't hate it. It was just kind of there. And that's from someone who liked last season quite a bit.

It could have -- I know, I know -- set up the finale, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Been my summer guilty pleasure, even during the slower years, but I do have to say I hope it picks up some steam from what we saw last night.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Count me among those watching out of habit. I do want to see how the characters end up, but it's nothing special.
  10. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

i thought the same thing for last couple of seasons, and was usually disappointed.
  11. Johnny Chase

Johnny Chase Member

I liked it. Nothing special, but a good episode. The only thing that really pisses me off is that they skipped the whole E breaking up with Sloan, E and Scott fucking Murray over.

Yea, you knew at the end of last season that it was gonna happen, but I would have liked for it to be part of the season.
  12. John

John Well-Known Member

Agree. Those were two mighty big leaps to make.
Draft saved Draft deleted