1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage Season Premiere

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Anyone care?

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Yes, but I don't have HBO, so ..... no? :p

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

One of two reasons I wish I still did have HBO.

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Good, not fantastic premiere.
    Ari owns the show now, though. It's not even close.

5. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Definitely a table setter show. Ari is the star from the acting standpoint, but Eric is becoming the show's nucleus, he's the central focal point -- the guy who's primary job will be to solve the problem in 25 minutes.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Goddammit! I forgot to set my TiVo. Son of a bitch!

7. Fubar

Fubar Member

Don't worry... It's HBO. They show it seventeen times before the next new episode.

Someone has to say it, I guess... It appears this sets up the rest of the season nicely.

8. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

It was entertaining, but at the end you're kind of asking "Where's the beef?"

Not a lot happened, but I like the idea of introducing the mothers. Wonder where that's going to lead.

9. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Lucky Louie was funny too....
    "My dick is fully aware that your pussy is a chamber of financial ruin!"
    It was kind of surprising to see them use profanity the way they did, but it was really funny...... very well-written. I'll watch next week for sure.

10. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Yup, good hour.
    Thanks to SportsJournalists.com for enlightening me on the existence of Lucky Louie.

The moms was a great touch. And you don't hire someone like Mercedes Ruehl unless you're going to give her some meat.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I didn't like Lucky Louie. I thought it was a mistake to put it between Entourage and Tourgasm. I guess HBO is hoping the audience will bridge the 30 minutes by watching Louie.

Entourage did set up the rest of the season nicely. More Ari and Eric will be the key. Turtle, Drama and even Vince are boring characters to watch.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Lucky Louie was awful.

Draft saved Draft deleted