1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage Season Finale ... spoilers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Except for the repeated references to the Ramones growing up in the same part of New York as the characters on the show. But, other than that, you're right, how would they ever want to be associated with the Ramones?

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Indeed, because when you are young, gorgeous and successful in Hollywood, what are the chances you're going to wind up happy?

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Actually, I think that there was only one reference -- by Eric at Bob Ryan's house -- although I could be wrong. That being said, what is it about The Ramones that is so interesting that: 1) anyone would be dying to do a movie about them or 2) given what we know about Eric and Vince, they would be such huge fans that they would want this to be Vince's next project (with the exception of the geographical connection)?

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

watch 'end of the century' and get back to me... joey ramone himself is a fascinating character

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I know a lot about them -- my brother was a big fan and I listened to their music through him during my pre-teen years. And Joey and Johnny were some seriously strange guys. I just don't see Eric and Vince jumping up and down excited about them. It rang false to me.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

my 16-year-old worships "the ramones." joey's dead. the kids from queens see this as their "buddy holly story" moment. not hard to fathom at all. 8) 8) 8)

7. What do you want, an entire episode about how the boys love the Ramones? I think the geographical connection is enough explanation.

Do you think Vince was a huge fan of Pablo Escobar's drug running abilities and that's why he wanted to do Mediellen? I don't see the big deal.

8. Sly

Sly Active Member

Just as Aquaman was a tongue-in-cheek slap at the superhero franchises that have overrun Hollywood, I think a Ramones movie is supposed to poke similar fun at Ray, Walk the Line, etc ....

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Anyone see U2's FleetCenter show from 2004 on DVD?

Before In a Little While, Bono recounts how much of a fan of Joey Ramone's he was. He goes on to say that he was told that Joey felt the same way about U2 and that that song was the last song he heard on earth.

Extremely powerful.

Well, since Bono also called out Johnny Drama last season in concert, I figure there's even a connection there to a Chase Ramones fandom.

10. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

I'm sad that the season is over, that's for sure. These characters are the best...love 'em.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

This was the only thing that bothered me about the whole episode, but it bothered me a lot. I don't get it.

12. Stupid

Stupid Member

Because he still thinks Alan is going to make the movie. Bob's a bit gullible.

Draft saved Draft deleted