1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage Season Finale ... spoilers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 27, 2006.

1. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

You know how those meetings go?

2. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

Dude, Whitlock knows everything. He's on TV. Are you?

As for this episode... I liked it. I loved how they kept givin Vince the same pitch. I like how not everything was wrapped up nice and neatly like they always do -- I figured they would, glad they didn't.

Drama rules. Still. And always.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nothing to say about the Entourage episode that hasn't been said on the thread already...

I was sort of looking forward to The Wire, but now I am really looking forward to it, after reading this:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08252006/entertainment/re_wired_entertainment_adam_buckman.htm

You rarely read a review like this:

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought that it was awful.

First of all, I can't get past why anyone would think that a movie about The Ramones would be a good idea. Also, it sounds ridiculous that all of the characters who weren't out of kindergarden when The Ramones were remotely popular are waxing poetic about the group.

Second, why did Bob sell the movie to Alan? Made no sense. Clearly, he doesn't need the money, so if he was through with Hollywood, why would he sell the movie instead of giving it to Vince and Eric?

Third, the dialogue felt very forced among the four tonight.

On the plus side, nice shot of Ari's wife in bed.

5. bd11

bd11 Member

If we didn't already know Ari is the best character on the show before last night's episode, it is even clearer today.

I like Lloyd better when he is being abused, as opposed to actually speaking when not spoken to.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Im counting the days till the Wire starts.

HC bought me the third season on DVD--absolutely riveting and I'm now re-watching the first season.

Entourage is a 1/2 hour of lightweight TV that's eminently forgettable.

Loved the presentations in last night's episode. Same spiel, different logos.

7. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

I thought this one of Drama's best episodes. Not over the top. Some great one-liners. Serving as the voice of reason.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Paula Marshall provided nice window dressing, but Piven was what made Cupid watchable. Interesting character brilliantly played on a bad show.

9. i wonder if the guy in the new york post only likes the wire because the cast is black?

this comment has nothing to do with you, ragu.... it's about the idiots who suggested last week that i only pimp the wire because the show is black....

and for the guy who asked how do i know anything about how major agencies pitch potential clients....it's because i've sat through the meetings.

10. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Quote of the night: "And Turtle, my assistants LOVE to fuck" absolutely classic

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

?

the ramones are fuckin' timeless. from 1978 to now, you can go to just about any high school in america and spot some kid wearing a ramones t-shirt

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Which still doesn't mean that there is anything which would make us think that anyone on the show would like them or that there would be this great interest in a movie about them.

Draft saved Draft deleted