1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage - 8/6, Vegas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spinning27, Aug 6, 2006.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

OK, so how many cliches can they jam into one episode?

Gay masseurs
    Vegas strippers
    Losing hundreds of thousands of dollars, then making it all back with one huge hand

After last week's great episode, this one was a disappointment. This season has really sucked.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The Brady Bunch goes to Hawaii.

3. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

Everything was way too predictable. Couple good Ari moments swearing at the cards, but other than that, a C-minus.

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Are you guys drunk? This episode had all the hallmarks of a classic Entourage: Strippers, a fight, and gambling.
    If you're a guy, you like those three things more than anything in the world, with sports coming in a close 4th.

And on your vegas trips with the guys, who among us hasn't had a weekend involving strippers, a fight, and beyond-our-means gambling?

Great epside, but Drama once again was over the top.

5. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

best line, as usual, goes to Ari:

"I don't care if my wife is getting fucked right now ..."

great cameo by Seth Green. Such a dick. Nice to see Drama take out his anger on that punk in Green's crew.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

The episode of the White Shadow when the Carver HS hoops team went to Vegas was better than this one.
    It was just an excuse to give the crew a "vacation" in Vegas.
    With only 3 episodes left, the show seems to be setting up Vinnie for his great fall storyline.
    And Drama's pilot is a big hit and he becomes the hot thing, setting up a role reversal.
    Just one man's opinion.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Awful episode.

8. Sly

Sly Active Member

Anyone else go into a funk when you saw the "Only Three Episodes Left" preview? I read that this season was going to be 20 episodes long. Guess that story was wrong ... how many episodes have there already been?

The Seth Green stuff was awesome.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Wasn't a great episode, wasn't a horrible episode. It was fun but not particularly interesting, the total definition of a throwaway show.

I give Seth Green credit for allowing his true height of 3'8 to be visually represented and for the line of the night when he said he "blasted all over Sloan's face like a Jackson Pollack"...

10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

They are showing 12 this summer, and then eight in January or March when The Sopranos comes back.... split season, I suppose.

11. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Split season = split DVD sales.

12. this season has been a huge disappointment. last night's episode damn near made me miss Dom... the show is poorly written. jeremy piven's character was poorly written last night. piven can usually turn trash into something. he couldn't pull that crap off at all.

thank god the wire is less than a month away now.

new rankings...

the wire
    the shield
    rescue me (this is what entourage tries to be. maybe leary has an advantage having a full hour.)
    sopranos
    entourage
    nip/tuck (i'm gonna give season 4 a chance...maybe it will rebound)

Draft saved Draft deleted