1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage 7/31

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 30, 2006.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What? They don't tow cars in all of 2 minutes in Los Angeles?

2. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

I wish I could make this pic bigger and zoom in on Piven more, but oh well. Here it is.

[​IMG]

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

i just saw the episode (as they say, God bless YouTube) and I loved the Drama stuff. It seemed real to me, I mean the guy had to be close to a breakdown. His tough-luck career was funny for a long time, but with Vince becoming a megastar, E making money as his manager and getting offered a job as an agent and Turtle's rap deal you could see his failure's were really starting to get to him. It was almost getting a little sad.

That's were Dillon shows he's the second best actor on the show behind Piven. He plays it all for laughs, but there's some real desperation in Johnny Drama.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I don't think he is a good actor at all..

It's that he doesn't have to act... that this is is real-life life... that makes him SO compelling to me.

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Funny moment on Countdown with Keith Olbermann last night.

Keith uses the Entourage theme for the year -- rising star gets fired from the studio -- to introduce the Lindsay Lohan piece. Before he goes to tape, Keith mentions that Entourage is already using this story arc in its episodes this year. He closes by saying that he is amazed that the producers haven't made the show more about Piven's character than the boys.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Was that Randy from "My Name is Earl" in the scene from "Queens Boulevard" with Vince?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sure looked like him.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Instead of "I am Queens Boulevard" I think the movie should have ended with Vince looking at Ethan Suplee and saying "Randy?".

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Absolutely agree, agree, agree. His performance is nothing short of stellar. He and Piven hold up one helluva comedic mirror to agents and actors, whether they're trying to recapture their past glory or they're trying to capture it to begin with.

Drama's gonna be one of the best HBO series characters ever, alongside Ari Gold, Lisa Kudrow's Valerie Cherish in "The Comeback" and my all-time favorite, Jeffrey Tambor in "Larry Sanders."

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

WOW!!!!

A Valerie Cherish sighting.

I had no idea that was even her character's name, that show lost me so quickly.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Why didn't Ari wait for the check to clear before starting his agency?

12. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

And why didn't he wait to get the money and the check to clear before visiting office space ... in the middle of the day ... with his wife. ... big shocker that somebody noticed.

Draft saved Draft deleted