1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage 6/18 (Spoilers Warning I guess)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Jun 18, 2006.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Looks like the writers are back in the groove.

Not much for show development but it was very entertaining throughout.

2. That was a classic episode in the "I don't want to think about anythin and just enjoy watching a TV show for a half hour" kind of way.

Hilarious stuff all the way around.

3. It set up the rest of my hangover very well.

4. Stupid

Stupid Member

Drama, first with the towel around his neck, then diving into the pool was a hoot.

plus, Ari crushing that good luck thing Lloyd gave him was classic

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Good one...the whole idea of them going to a high school party kind of fits with Vince's laid back attitude.

6. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

How great was this line?

"There are no asterisks in life, only scoreboards, and ours is currently reading 'Fucked.'"

By the way, Lucky Louie was hilarious as well tonight, IMHO. "They really were the greatest generation."

Great stuff, very entertaining hour.

7. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

I was watching it by myself, but I said "OHHHHHHHHHHHH!" out loud when he crushed it.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK. Not to follow the typical SportsJournalists.com script and be the first "contrary" post that starts a firestorm... Because I found it entertaining... But something about the show is starting to feel tired for me... I think it is just that what was fresh for two seasons is starting to feel old to me in season three. You can only play out the same script--Vince/Ari/rest of cast are on top of the world, fake drama threatens Vince/Ari's place on top of the world, everything works out in the end--so many times. It has not only been the arc of each season, it is how each 30 minute episode gets neatly wrapped up. The show is fun and is kitschy, but I can see myself getting bored (started to tonight).

9. Stupid

Stupid Member

I think you either really like the characters or you expect something completely new. I really like the characters and think that the show is still young enough to have them goofing off and still be entertaining.

10. I understand what you mean and don't disagreee with that. I think what makes it entertaining for me is that it's always something new and kitschy every week that maybe I didn;t know or didn't think about when it comes to Hollywood. For instance, I never knew how the projections for box office totals worked. Now, I learned something that I didn't really worry about before in a fun way.

That and Johnny Drama are enough to keep me coming back every week.

11. Big Mac

Big Mac Member

Good thing Johnny Drama "hydrated" before heading into the Valley.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Ari crushing the doll was a classic moment.

The rest of the episode......eh.

A few good laughs, but I agree with the statement that every show feels the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted