1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entertainment Weekly interviews the Dwarf

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MankyJimy, Oct 1, 2006.

1. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Albom on the infamous 2005 Final Four column:

"Those guys swore to me that they were gonna be there, and so I said, Well, they're gonna be there, so we'll just write that they were there. You shouldn't do that, you should just write that they planned to be there. That's all. It was just missing a word. That's it."

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He still doesn't get it. I'd say amazing, but that would require me to be stunned that that little cocksucker has no contrition...

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The amazing part of that article, to me at least, was how he mentioned that his publisher, editor, people from Knight Ridder apologized to <i>him</i> after the incident for "making too big a deal out of it" (or words to those effect). Yes, how dare they challenge basic journalism ethics.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"They planned to be there, and here's what they would have said if they actually were."
    ::) ::)

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I know I won't have to meet Albom in heaven.

6. That is unbelievable.
    So if I write that, say, "Space aliens shot Bobby Kennedy" instead of "Sirhan Sirhan shot Bobby Kennedy" I'm right because I used the same amount of words.
    Release the fucking hounds.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

"And here's what they would have been wearing and this is the form of transportation each player took to St. Louis."

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And this is what I would have said to them, and this is what they would have said to me.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Manky's just mad because they didn't interview Saraceno.

Anyhoo, I don't think EW has been the same since Mullen stopped doing Hot Sheet. But it is by far the most journalistically rigorous of the celebrity mags.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Just because pointy-ears has the entire DFP hierarchy buffaloed doesn't mean he has anyone
    here fooled, for a microsecond.

A laughable, delusional clown. He found the key to the vault. He's welcome to the loot.
    But I'll never read him, again. To do so would be an utter waste of time -- and a sustained
    waste of cranial capacity.

11. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

link? great find.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Unless you're a soccer mom or retired, he doesn't care...

Draft saved Draft deleted