1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Enterprise sportswriter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hwkcrz1, May 18, 2010.

1. hwkcrz1

hwkcrz1 Member

POSITION: ENTERPRISE SPORTSWRITER

The Times of Northwest Indiana, a 90,000-plus circulation newspaper located 30 miles from the downtown Chicago area, is looking for a highly motivated enterprise sportswriter to cover the local sports scene. The writer in this position will be expected to produce potential APSE-award-winning stories as the person being replaced won back-to-back APSE writing awards and is heading to the Akron Beacon Journal to cover the Cleveland Browns. The successful candidate will have 3-4 years proven experience, and excellent time management and organizational skills. The person also will be able to deliver on deadlines. The Times offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment. Interested candidates may apply online at www.nwi.com/timesjobs. EOE

If you would like more information about the position, feel free to e-mail me at justin.breen@nwi.com

2. esport12

esport12 Member

Went to check the website and didn't see the job opening listed.....

Any idea on salary range?

3. hwkcrz1

hwkcrz1 Member

The job hasn't been posted on our website yet, but feel free to still e-mail me resumes.

Thanks.

Justin

justin.breen@nwi.com

4. hwkcrz1

hwkcrz1 Member

The position now is available at www.nwi.com/timesjobs

5. esport12

esport12 Member

Curious as to why there hasn't been more talk about this. Seems like a decent gig.

6. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I would be curious for people who know more about this gig or this paper. Post or PM, either is fine.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Curious why the city isn't mentioned in the title of the thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted