1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ENOUGH already with the "LaDanian Tomlinson is so CLASSY!" take

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Is he a class act? Absolutely. Did last Monday's NFL countdown start something that Randy Cross picked up on today, that means absolutely nothing? Absolutely.

They go around noting that Tomlinson, "Unlike OTHER NFL runners!" doesn't dance in the end zone. Well . . .you'd be hard-pressed to find an RB who makes a habit of "look at me!" antics on the field and in the endzone. These guys know that if they show up the opponent, they'll pay for it, since they get hit on virtually every play by dudes twice their size.

Now, wideouts and DBs, they talk smack all day. because they know the only person they usually have to worry about hitting is the other skinny guy lining up across from them.

Tomlinson does not run smack. That makes him no different that just about every other star running back in the league.

I hate bad announcers. And I hate when they perpetuate myths.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey he gives turkeys to the hungry on Thanksgiving!!!

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

LT loves the kids.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So instead of giving douche bags like TO and Chad Johnson even more of a spot light because of their rediculous antics, someone finally sheds light on a player who doesn't do that shit and there's something wrong with this? I don't care what position the player plays I am sick and tired of seeing every little fucking play, whether it be converting on 3rd and two in the second quarter or stopping a running back for a half yard loss, being celebrated like they did something extraordinary. All they did was their fucking job. Shut up and line up for the next GD play.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What's the average career length of a WR or DB in the NFL?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have no beef with this. Maybe there is a herd mentality on the stories right now, but 1) He really is a good guy. Genuinely good guy, not just playing an image game. 2) He's the best player in the game and flies somewhat under the radar screen--well, as much as someone that ridiculously good can--because he doesn't scream "look at me" with everything he does.

Not sure how anyone can quibble with him getting some love.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I read your above post. So if the commentator picked out, let's say, Marvin Harrison and said something similar about him, would you still be arguing the same point?

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Piotr, why do you hate America American running backs?

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Stay classy, San Diego running back.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Still I would much rather have the classy line spliced in about LT than watching another replay of the NY Giants d-line 'Ballin'' or a WR celebrating a five yard curl for a first down.

11. Editude

Editude Active Member

LT is quite the contrast with WR teammate Vincent Jackson, who almost cost the Chargers a win over the Raiders today after spinning the ball on the turf on a 7-yard gain. You rock, second-string league-average receiver.

Draft saved Draft deleted