1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Engaged.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxramblings07, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

'Twas my first marriage and her third. She said since she had been through this all before, I could have the kind of wedding I wanted. If you hear that, do NOT say, even in jest as I did, Hawaiian shirts. Repeat: Do NOT say Hawaiian shirts. Suddenly it was tuxedos all around on probably the hottest weekend of the year. Your best bet is to say "Yes dear ... yes dear."

2. markvid

markvid Guest

The ones where they say no are set-ups by the team.

Congrats, pressbox!

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Congratulations. And everyone else is right about the wedding planning. Just sit back and let your fiancee and her mom go crazy. You can veto things, but only one or two. I saved mine for the accordion player at the reception.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't remember what you said, and it doesn't matter. This is the greatest handle in all the land. Thank you, sir.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

2mcm has it right on.

Get on a plane to Vegas.

We had it all planned for a July wedding......Middle of April, I call her up from work and say "Screw it......Let's go to Vegas."

I called my best man, she called her Maid of Honor.......I called my parents, she called her parents.......Mother's Day Weekend, we got hitched at The Little White Wedding Chapel.

Had the reception the weekend of the original date of the wedding, and then took her down to our cabin in New Mexico to have crazy wild newlywed se.........well, you get the idea.

Do the Vegas thing.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I have a friend who works at the Little Flowers Wedding Chapel. Let me know if you get her to change her mind? After my wedding, I thought back and wished I'd gone with the small wedding in Vegas or on the coast.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Congrats. Remeber, you just show up and don;t make her cry too much planning the wedding.

And don;t buy invitations with cheap glue!

[​IMG]

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Congrats.

I'm sure you and the missus-to-be still are on quite a high. You'll come down to earth when you start figuring out how much it's going to cost for the big day.

9. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Congratulations to you and your future ex-wife!

I keed! I keed!

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Congrats and good luck.
    Although, your really going to miss those blow jobs :)

11. Thanks again everyone. Much appreciation!

I've never heard of PBR beer until now. Worth a shot?

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Ummm. No.

Though my dad loves the shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted