1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End of the Boo-yah Era at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thebiglead, Sep 11, 2006.

1. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

sorry, but this is just too darn funny. and these are just a few of the highlights. My eyes are tearing up reading this, I'm laughing so hard. Everyone at ESPN must cringe when his chats are happening. As this is clearly edited heavily (none of the Whitlock stuff is left):

Mark (NY): Scoop, while covering the Open, did you get a chance to stop and see the most dominating team in the NL, the NY Mets?
    Scoop Jackson: Yes. went to Sunday's game against the Dodgers b/f the men's final. Watched them get beat down 9-1. But I rep'd. Had my Pedro jersey on.

Tom (Dictionary): "Intrigal" is not a word. You meant "integral".
    Scoop Jackson: you all gotta understand, I Can't Type!!!

Billy Bob (Kansas): It's me again. You are so dumb - Ed Reed won DOY in 2004. Oh, and you're also an idiot.
    Scoop Jackson: Thanks. I did forget. Idiot, true.

Joe (CA): Scoop, not to break your chops but isn't a journalist who can't type like a teacher who can't read?!
    Scoop Jackson: it depends. See typing on a chat is different than typing a story. there is no spell check and you can't really look back on what u type b/c you're trying to answer as many questiona as possible in an hour. so when i say i can't type i mean under the chat rules. typos are going to be regular.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

that's funny stuff. it makes him seem a little less of an asshole not to get all defensive like certain "reporters" do on online chats.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Also makes him look dumber than shit.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I believe Fred Hickman and Daryn Kagan hosted the last version of Sports Tonight.

Vince Cellini's 2 a.m. call-in show was cancelled long before 9/11. Probably five years beforehand.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Mr. Hankey appreciates being considered smarter than Scoop.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted