1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

''Empire' just showed that fat women like sex, too'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have no idea who Gabourey Sidibe is. Should I?
    It sounds like the noise made when you motorboat some fat tits.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

She was the main character in Precious, nominated for an Oscar. That was back when the Academy Awards employed the ill-conceived device of having former winners to come on stage and verbally fellate all the nominees before they announced the winner.

Whoever it was talked about how Sidibe was going to be a huge star and the entertainment mags and blogs all followed suit with stories about it, never mind the fact that roles for a 400-pound black woman (or a 400-pound anybody) were and always had been limited in Hollywood.

Until she wound up on Empire, I think her top credit since Precious was as the seventh or eight most-important character in Tower Heist.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

She starred in the Jimmy Kimmel wedding prank.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

She was one of the principal characters in the Coven season of American Horror Story.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She was also on the show The Big C as a regular character. Now, I don't see that she is the world's greatest actress, but she has been working regularly in films and TV since Precious. That's something 99.9 percent of actors dream of.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    HC likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She was not good in The Client.

KVV33, BDC99 and SpeedTchr like this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The biggest nonsense of the Academy Awards season that year was all of the A-listers gushing about how "beautiful" that Precious is. Jennifer Aniston (or someone like her), who probably works out 40 hours a week and ingests 50 different supplements while employing three plastic surgeons, five personal trainers, and six dieticians, patronizing us about how "beautiful" a 400-pound woman is.

X-Hack, YankeeFan and exmediahack like this.
  8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

How awful that must have been to hear.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's patronizing bullshit.

What's more, I'm all for "body positive" movements. But it is simply unhealthy to walk around at 400 pounds, and we shouldn't be promoting it as "beautiful."

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The ultimate in patronizing.

Any fatties on here? Perhaps you could answer this.

Would you rather have a "6" tell you and your 400 pound self that you're beautiful or would you just rather it not be brought up?

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd rather not be called a 'fatty'.

Lugnuts likes this.
  12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Were the rest of the celebs on the red carpet discussing the Haitian earthquake and the threat posed by al-Qaeda? Who gives any kind of a shit about what people say about the Oscars?

Draft saved Draft deleted